Sunday, March 30, 2008

Camping with the Cubscouts

Saturday we went to Gold Head Branch State park to camp with Pack 139. I am one of the Den leaders and my son is in the pack. We went for the 2 mile hike through the ravine. We picked up trash on the trail.(Very little of it to be found :-) After dinner we had smores. The boys had a great time running around and playing. Later that night, Ethan wakes up and tells me he doesn't feel good and that he needs to get out of the tent. I throw open my sleeping bag and I am in the process of unzipping the tent  when he proceeds to throw-up into my sleeping bag. I manage to get him outside for round 2. I put my sleeping bag out side and use the extra blanket we have for the rest of the night. 

The plan for Sunday was to pack up everything and then Ethan and I were going to drive to Juniper Springs and go down the run. The weather was looking worse as we packed. Finally we decided to drive back home. It actually started raining which made me feel better about bailing on the canoe trip. Ethan is feeling better and the spring isn't going anywhere...

Next weekend we are planning on going to the Santa Fe River and camping on the river. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry Ethan had a bit of a bad time, but can't think of anybody better to handle this in a calm manner. Someday when your kids look back on their viewpoint of what kind of Dad you were, You'll come off as a hero. Trust me on this.