Sunday, January 6, 2008

Silver River 1/5/08 Part 1




Today I paddled on the Silver River, which is not too far from Ocala. There is a bit of current but the water is crystal clear. It Is fed from Silver Springs. The Boat ramp is nice. They have 2 ramps for Motorboats and a ramp for canoes and kayaks. The canal to the river is bone straight and lined with plantlife. Then you turn into the Silver River and enter the current. I paddled 2.56 miles upstream which took about 3 hours. The trip back only took an hour. 

This is an anhinga he cooperated and opened his wings to show off his wings with that great coloring.

I spotted this little gator hanging out on the side of the river. The current had pushed me over to the side. His head was about the width of my hand. Overall he was under 2 feet long. I set and watched him for a bit and he never moved. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This blog is awesome