Sunday, January 6, 2008

Silver River 1/5/08 Part 2





This turtle was just sitting on this log in such a weird position I had to take his picture. He was however in good sunlight.


This Great Blue Heron Just watched my go by. Usually when you get to close they fly off. This one was standing still like maybe I wouldn't see him. I took some pictures and eased off trying not to disturb him. 
These two guys were hanging out on the same log. I was surprised to see them hanging out in such close proximity. I guess the turtle was more then a mouthful for the gator.

I was paddling downstream when I saw this Doe, She was watching me float by. As I paddled over to the shore I lost sight of her. However I did see this buck. He was standing there looking at me. I had to stand up in the canoe to take some pictures and then he walked behind the big tree and stood there for a while. Then he peeked at me to make sure I was still there. After that he walked off keeping the tree between us but he didn't seem to be in any hurry.

No comments: