Friday, July 4, 2008

Been a while



It has been a while since I have been able to go out on the water. Traveling, Birthdays and just life in general have kept me doing other things. I do hear the water calling me and see my canoe waiting patiently for me. Yesterday I decided to go do some paddling. Since I had limited time I decided to go back to Exchange Island and pick up some more trash. I have got to figure out a way to get people to stop leaving it for me. I don't really like picking up trash especially other peoples trash. The people that are leaving this trash are other boaters. There is no other way to get to this island except by boat. I picked up trash along the shore line. This was stuff either floating in the water or in the weeds that I could reach with my grabber thing. I then landed on the island and checked out the place where people seem to camp. It was covered with trash since the last time I picked trash there (May 25th five weeks ago) I personally would not want to sit around the camp fire with beer cans and broken bottles all over the place. Then I spotted this trash bag in the tree. Some genius brought a bag and apparently put their trash in it. And then left it hanging over night and can you believe the raccoons got into it. Then deciding it was too much work to pick up their trash left this mess. I picked up 2 bags of trash again this time. One of the bags was in the area I picked up stuff last time I was here. I don''t even mess with the broken glass. I am very careful walking around. This is the last place I would ever go camping now.

Tomorrow I will post some nicer pictures of some birds. Stay tuned,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you are a great person that loves your planet and the living creatures that cannot pick up what humans have left behind and have no regard for anything but themselves. I would love to see how they live at their homes and would be shocked if they were to have others throw trash in their area and say oh well, thats fine with me.