Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Black and White Wednesday, Exchange Island

Usually B&W pictures look good but for this subject it doesn't matter. This is just somebody's mess plain and simple. There is just no good reason for people to leave a mess like this. If they ever want to go back to this spot it is covered in trash. I would hate to plan an outing and be greeted by this. The sad thing is to get to Exchange Island you have to go by boat. So stuff like this can't be blamed on any one except the people that are actually using this island. 

PLEASE TAKE YOUR TRASH WITH YOU WHEN YOU LEAVE!!!

Here are some nicer looking pictures. These flowers are nice they have great colors (see the Post below) They also look good in B&W because of the contrast.
This Egret was taking off as I came around a bend. Look at that wingspan. These birds are great flyers and are really good at fishing. 
I spent most of my time picking up trash on this trip so I didn't take too many pictures. I did go home with 2 bags of trash, a milk crate and a boat fender. Which I gave to one of the power boaters that was launching at the ramp when I got back. 

2 comments:

David said...

Just found your blog via Pure Florida. Nice to see some local spots - look forward to keeping up with your journeys. FYI - Saw your post about the Wacissa River, be sure to check out: http://paddletales.blogspot.com/ She has some amazing wildlife photos.

Anonymous said...

For the boaters that leave their trash behind, shame on you. I'll bet your boat is great fun and kept really nice. To bad you have no regard for what you take time to go and see, then leave a mess behind.