Friday, April 25, 2008

Camping on the Suwannee

This was my camping spot on the river last weekend. I paddled just past the I-75 bridge. This was about 2 miles from the bridge. Far enough to not hear the traffic. The sand bar was pretty good size. It also had a nice flat spot for my tent, the tarp and even  an old fire ring. 
This is the view from the other side of the bank. The bank was about 8 feet higher then the water level. 
The water is very dark. It makes for these reflections. The trees are coming to life. Green is everywhere. It was very nice. The Limestone makes for quite a contrast to the trees. And seeing the trees growing out of the rocks is very cool.
This old bridge across the river was nice. I Enjoyed seeing it. The current was sweeping me by pretty quick.
This piling was from another bridge. I really liked the spiral pattern. And it was reflected in the water as well.
There was not a lot of wildlife visible along the river, but the trip was really nice. This would be a good trip to make with a group.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought your camp site was neat. The brodge was a bonus, it reminded me of days from the past.

Tim Noble said...

Looks a great place to camp. I really love camping with only the real basics to camp with - non of this camper vehicle approach with all the mod cons. I just bought my own wood in the UK.

Check out this website:

www.ancientwoodland.com

Keep camping

Tim