Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Wild life on the Santa Fe River

This was a group of Turkeys I spotted. This was the edge of someone's backyard right on the edge of the woods. This picture was taken early in the morning. There was another grouping of 4 or 5 just in the tree line. I wasn't able to get a decent picture of them. 


This alligator was cruising along in the river. It looked to be about a 6 footer. He headed over to the bank and I stayed on the other side of the river.  In the picture he is floating pretty high in the water. As I got closer he sank down until only his eyes and nose was out of the water and then he disappeared completely.
These 2 turtles had a nice little rock to sit on and check things out. They were keeping an eye on me as I passed by. Of course I was keeping an eye out for submerged rocks. I did manage to get a few new scratches on the bottom of the boat. 
I spotted this deer standing in the brush. As I got closer she started to walk up towards the trees. Finally she turned and looked back posing for a picture and then walked off into the trees.
This Yellow Crowned Night Heron was hanging out fishing. He looked at me once and then went back to fishing. I took a few pictures as the current carried me by.  
This snail appeared to be laying this eggs on the side of the Cyprus Tree. This was another early morning picture. 
I saw a good bit of wild life along the river including some Wood Storks , Red Tailed Hawks and some Cattle Egrets. I also saw 2 snakes swimming across the river in the rain so I wasn't about to get out the camera.

I have lots more pictures and don't forget Black and White Wednesday

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The gator looked pretty big to me. I really got a kick out of the snail, that was really to cool.